Published by Canadean, the Africa Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in Africa, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Africa Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Unit cost and size, ineffective distribution and the erratic, limited or absence of power supplies to chill the water have tended to restrict demand but it is increasing
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
With consumption highly seasonal consumption has to a large extent depended on the climate. POu are providing greater competition
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 2 individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- Industry standard packaging for the category remains the bubble top
- Consumption of the category popular amongst affluent sections of society and expatriates
- Water dispensers growing in both public and private sectors
- Category benefits from oft poor quality tap water in the region
- Packaging formats unlikely to change in near future
- Bulk/HOD water dispensers are seen as a sign of wealth when available in the home.
- The water cooler market faces latent competition from POU water systems which are already available to both residential and commercial customers.
- Water reform projects will likely affect future consumption of the category
- No functional products are available in this category in the region
- Per customer delivery cost limit to an extent the potential growth of this category