Published by Canadean, the Middle East and North Africa Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in the Middle East and North Africa, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Middle East and North Africa Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Bulk/HOD water is seen as a necessity in many parts of the region due to the lack of potable municipal water.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Increasing population and so demand for potable water is a driver for the region.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 11individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- In several markets political instability led to a drop in demand for bulk/HOD water (and other commercial beverages).
- In the UAE Sales of bulk/HOD water are advancing strongly, as one might expect in a geography where mains water is not always available and the population has swelled
- In Saudi Arabia due to unavailability of potable water through piped water to individual properties, bulk water is an essential commodity in the Kingdom.
- In Oman consumers choose on the basis of service, which is linked to proximity. Suppliers may encourage loyalty through promotions - maybe offering a proportion of free/reduced bottles if larger voucher books are bought.
- Consumers need safe water to drink and cook with.
- In Saudi Arabia sales of bulk/HOD water are advancing strongly, as one might expect in a geography where mains water is not always available and the population has swelled.
- As Jordan is viewed as stable and of interest to investors from oversees, as mentioned above, packaged water supplies will require to be increased to cope with the increased workers and demand.
- Bulk/HOD water lags behind packaged water in terms of development and remains susceptible to macro-environmental forces affecting the market. This was witnessed in 2011 with political instability leading to an approximate 11% drop in volumes
- Latin America and MENA are key consumption markets for this category and were responsible for raising per capita consumption volumes by 1-2 litres in 2011.
- Despite the positive global performance, when analyzed at a regional level a continued downward trend is growth rates is visible across East and West Europe and MENA. Volume sales are slowing significantly in these markets due to the continued threat of POU systems and political climates
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Bulk/HOD Water Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Bulk/HOD Water Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart -Bulk/HOD Water Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Bulk/HOD Water New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates