Published by Canadean, the North America Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in North America, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The North America Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Economic concerns and consumer perception drive mixed results in North America
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 2 individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- Environmental concerns towards packaged water do not apply to the same extend to Bulk/HOD water in Canada
- Canadian consumer perception of the category is as environmentally friendly
- Economic difficulties weigh down on category in the USA
- Reduced corporate spending in the USA on the category
- Suppliers looking for ways to move away from polycarbonate packaging
- Home delivery of Bulk/HOD water declines
- In-store vending is on the up
- Low cost per serving drives growth in Canada
- Off-premise dominates distribution in Canada
- Domestic consumers in USA turn to home filtration systems as cost cutting measure