Published by Canadean, the Australasia Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in Australasia, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Australasia Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
No growth is forecast because market penetration has reached saturation levels. Indeed a marginal decline is likely as consumers re-appraise the benefits of spring water over tap water
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 2individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- In New Zealand most bulk/HOD water is distributed to the workplace, with very little success to date in establishing a presence in the residential or hospitality sectors of the market
- In New Zealand The water cooler segment was established in 1987 and remains underdeveloped, despite consolidation between suppliers and the consequent strength of market leader, Red Eagle Corporation.
- In Australia, Polycarbonate is the common packaging format for bulk water. This type of packaging is of concern to manufacturers as it contains the chemical BPA for strengthening the container. The health profile of BPA is currently under review.
- In Australia, category margins are too low to justify major marketing campaigns. Consequently the product-service offer is based on price and on-site delivery.
- The main segment is still spring water. Only a small proportion of bulk/HOD water is purified.
- There are no Private Label products as the majority of sales are either to institutions or via home delivery.
- Most products are associated with a delivery charge, leading to variations in prices paid depending on location.
- In New Zealand, the category is primarily packaged in 1,500cl refillable polycarbonate bubble tops,
- In addition to the actual bottle price, a rental charge for the cooler (plus the price of accessories such as disposable cups) is incurred.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Bulk/HOD Water Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Bulk/HOD Water Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart -Bulk/HOD Water Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Bulk/HOD Water New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
AUSTRALASIA: Australia, New Zealand