Published by Canadean, the Middle East North Africa Sports Drinks Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the sports drinks market in the Middle East and North Africa, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Middle East North Africa Sports Drinks Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the sports drinks market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
MENA region experiencing exceptional growth driven mostly by the youthful populations
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Category driven by the hot climate in the region
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 9 individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the sports drinks category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- Growth of modern-retail to support off-premise share
- Limited brand support a barrier to growth in some areas
- While MENA countries overall report excellent figures, some countries experience inconsistent flavor segmentation hindering growth
- High pricing inhibits growth of the category in some countries such as Egypt
- PET environmental concerns may in due course drive manufacturers to investigate other packaging materials
- Limited promotional activities undertaken for this category in some areas of the region
- In countries where sports drinks are imported, premium price positions inhibit growth prospects
- Sports drinks packaging mix unlikely to change in countries with currently low volumes, PET predominates
- On-premise gyms a popular purchase and consumption location
- Westerners residing and working in the Middle East push sales forward
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Sport Drinks Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Sports Drinks Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart -Sports Drinks Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Sport Drinks New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
MIDDLE EAST NORTH AFRICA: Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates