Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Germany beverage market
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In the current climate of economic uncertainty and market volatility companies need to know about more than just data. This report provides a complete overview of all commercial beverage consumption trends, latest market developments and an economic mood indicator
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
A GDP drop to -0.2% was noted for the quarter. A decrease in consumer confidence towards the end of the quarter despite increase in consumer income expectations, due to an overall decline in the economic outlook. Hot beverages and mulled cider were particularly affected by warmer winter weather conditions, especially during Christmas, and thus developed less positively than expected.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
While businesses have adopted a positive outlook for 2013, with the hope that the economic recovery will spread to Germany, consumers are undecided and have a rather skeptical attitude towards the economic development. Consumers expect the overall economic situation to worsen and are not planning for any major purchases in the near future. The economic outlook appeared to be positive during the beginning of the quarter before the price increases in energy and raw materials and increased unemployment rates in December.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Designed for clients who want to understand the latest trends in the Germany beverage industry and want more detail and analysis on this data. Canadean's Germany Quarterly Beverage Tracker report is ideal for benchmarking total market vs retail audit data and is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry and market developments
Key Features and Benefits
- Readers are provided with a summary snap shot table showing category growth in Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, together with provisional 2012 volumes and latest 2013 forecasts
- An economic mood indicator, completed by Canadean's local consultant, examines (on a scale of one to five) whether confidence levels in the industry are better or worse than the previous quarter, whether net prices are rising or falling and how Private Label products have performed versus the rest of the market. Selected retail pricing data is given for the most recent quarter and the previous four quarters, enabling analysis of price movements.
- Key highlights of the last quarter's commercial beverage performance are identified and the key market drivers examined
- Volumes for Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, Provisional 2012 volumes, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2013 forecasts are provided for each individual beverage category, together with supporting text on quarterly performance and forecast assumptions. More granular data is provided for the Carbonates category, with data split by regular vs low calorie, and by key flavours. Significant activity in the soft drinks industry is covered including recent new product introductions (detailing flavour, pack type, pack size, retail price and selected pack shots) and the latest industry news.
- This quarters special focus is on Functional Soft Drinks and Healthy Innovation