Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Greece beverage market
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In the current climate of economic uncertainty and market volatility companies need to know about more than just data. This report provides a complete overview of all commercial beverage consumption trends, latest market developments and an economic mood indicator
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
In Q4-12, GDP declined by 6.9% compared to the same quarter last year; although higher than Q3-12 which stood at 6.3%. Overall, GDP is forecast to fall by 6.5% in 2012. Successful negotiations with the Troika have resulted in the largest loan instalment since the beginning of the support program. For the first time since the beginning of the program part of the money will enter the real economy, via the recapitalisation of Greek banks and a partial return of public debt towards suppliers and the private sector. There is now greater confidence that Greece has escaped the danger of a Euro exit.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Packaged water consumption fell in the Q4-12 as a result of reduced consumer spending, owing to record high unemployment combined with cuts to wages and pensions, and tax increases. Squash/syrups are expected to record continued decline as the category perceived as being unhealthy. Branded products rebounded during Quarter 4 compared to PL offerings, probably in a response to the intense promotion of branded offerings.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Designed for clients who want to understand the latest trends in the Greece beverage industry and want more detail and analysis on this data. Canadean's Greece Quarterly Beverage Tracker report is ideal for benchmarking total market vs retail audit data and is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry and market developments
Key Features and Benefits
- Readers are provided with a summary snap shot table showing category growth in Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, together with provisional 2012 volumes and latest 2013 forecasts
- An economic mood indicator, completed by Canadean's local consultant, examines (on a scale of one to five) whether confidence levels in the industry are better or worse than the previous quarter, whether net prices are rising or falling and how Private Label products have performed versus the rest of the market. Selected retail pricing data is given for the most recent quarter and the previous four quarters, enabling analysis of price movements.
- Key highlights of the last quarter's commercial beverage performance are identified and the key market drivers examined
- Volumes for Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, provisional 2012 volumes, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2013 forecasts are provided for each individual beverage category, together with supporting text on quarterly performance and forecast assumptions. More granular data is provided for the Carbonates category, with data split by regular vs low calorie, and by key flavours. Significant activity in the soft drinks industry is covered including recent new product introductions (detailing flavour, pack type, pack size, retail price and selected pack shots) and the latest industry news.
- This quarters special focus is on Functional Soft Drinks and Healthy Innovation