Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Russia beverage market
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In the current climate of economic uncertainty and market volatility companies need to know about more than just data. This report provides a complete overview of all commercial beverage consumption trends, latest market developments and an economic mood indicator
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
GDP growth slowed down to 3% annually, although consumer demand remained high due to real income growth and expanding consumer crediting levels. Unemployment continued at the lowest level for the whole year, and inflation during the quarter demonstrated a low performance predominantly due to the stabilization of food prices.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Russian GDP growth in Q4-12 was at its lowest mainly due to the declining growth rate of industrial output (about 2% on the previous year) and the negative performance of the agricultural segment (a 4% decline), caused by the consequences of the summer drought in many regions of the Russian Federation. Despite slightly higher investments in the processing industries (up 8% annually), installed industrial capacities were at their limit. This has left little room for the further expansion of industrial output and experts forecast 3% GDP growth for 2013.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Designed for clients who want to understand the latest trends in the Russia beverage industry and want more detail and analysis on this data. Canadean's Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker report is ideal for benchmarking total market vs retail audit data and is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry and market developments
Key Features and Benefits
- Readers are provided with a summary snap shot table showing category growth in Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, together with provisional 2012 volumes and latest 2013 forecasts
- An economic mood indicator, completed by Canadean's local consultant, examines (on a scale of one to five) whether confidence levels in the industry are better or worse than the previous quarter, whether net prices are rising or falling and how Private Label products have performed versus the rest of the market. Selected retail pricing data is given for the most recent quarter and the previous four quarters, enabling analysis of price movements.
- Key highlights of the last quarter's commercial beverage performance are identified and the key market drivers examined
- Volumes for Q4 2012 vs Q3 2011, Provisional 2012 volumes, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2013 Forecasts are provided for each individual beverage category, together with supporting text on quarterly performance and forecast assumptions. More granular data is provided for the Carbonates category, with data split by regular vs low calorie, and by key flavours. Significant activity in the soft drinks industry is covered including recent new product introductions (detailing flavour, pack type, pack size, retail price and selected pack shots) and the latest industry news.
- This quarters special focus is on Functional Soft Drinks and Healthy Innovation
TABLE OF CONTENT
Canadean Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker
AT A GLANCE - QUARTERLY PERFORMANCE AND LATEST FORECAST
Iced/Rtd Tea Drinks
Iced Rtd Coffee Drinks
Other Alcoholic Beverages
Cultured Dairy Drinks
Other Liquid Dairy
SOFT DRINKS QUARTERLY UPDATE
NEW PRODUCTS and PHOTO SHOTS
FOCUS ON FUNCTIONAL SOFT DRINKS AND HEALTHY INNOVATION
Commercial Beverages Market Trends - Million Litres, 2012P-2013F
Commercial Beverages Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2012P-2013F
Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Litres, 2012P-2013F
Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2012P-2013F
Carbonates Market Trends - Million Litres, 2012P-2013F
Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2012P-2013F
Selected Retail Price Movements, 2012-2013