Published by Canadean, this Quarterly Beverage Tracker report provides a detailed analysis of the latest developments in the Sweden beverage market
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
In the current climate of economic uncertainty and market volatility companies need to know about more than just data. This report provides a complete overview of all commercial beverage consumption trends, latest market developments and an economic mood indicator
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Carbonates suffered from negative press and a slight drop in consumption was recorded. Market remains stable thanks to hot coffee and Systembolaget sales were buoyant during the quarter. Growth in consumption in Horeca channel, particularly in restaurants, was noted.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Hot coffee, having had a good year, has increased hot drinks consumption but is anticipated to stabilize in the next year. Fast food restaurant were up significantly in November, which would have been helpful towards carbonated soft drinks, despite the slight drop in consumption recorded.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
Designed for clients who want to understand the latest trends in the Sweden beverage industry and want more detail and analysis on this data. Canadean's Belarus Quarterly Beverage Tracker report is ideal for benchmarking total market vs retail audit data and is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry and market developments
Key Features and Benefits
- Readers are provided with a summary snap shot table showing category growth in Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, together with provisional 2012 volumes and latest 2013 forecasts
- An economic mood indicator, completed by Canadean's local consultant, examines (on a scale of one to five) whether confidence levels in the industry are better or worse than the previous quarter, whether net prices are rising or falling and how Private Label products have performed versus the rest of the market.
- Key highlights of the last quarter's commercial beverage performance are identified and the key market drivers examined
- Volumes for Q4 2012 vs Q4 2011, provisional 2012 volumes, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2013 forecasts are provided for each individual beverage category, together with supporting text on quarterly performance and forecast assumptions. More granular data is provided for the Carbonates category, with data split by regular vs low calorie, and by key flavours. Significant activity in the soft drinks industry is covered including recent new product introductions (detailing flavour, pack type, pack size, retail price and selected pack shots) and the latest industry news.
- This quarters special focus is on Functional Soft Drinks and Healthy Innovation