- The report provides market analysis, information and insights into mobile point of sale technology (MPOS)
- The report provides a global snapshot of MPOS technology and its adoption in various regions across the world
- Comprehensive analysis of the technologys market size and future growth prospects
- Analysis of various market drivers and key challenges
- Detailed analysis of the business strategies adopted by key players in the market to expand their customer base and operations
- Comprehensive analysis of best practices for merchants and MPOS solution providers for proper implementation of the technology
- Case studies showcasing the impact of MPOS adoption and detailed analysis of competitor landscape along with their business strategies
Initially mobile point of sale (MPOS) technology was targeted at small enterprises who could not afford a conventional point of sale (POS) solution, either because of financial restrictions or because of the mobile nature of their business operation. However, developments in the retail and service sectors suggest that the technology is not only making inroads into large stores but areas not previously outlined for its use. Demand is being driven by the number of benefits the technology offers, such as improved levels of customer service. MPOS solutions process card payments at anytime and in any location. The global MPOS industry registered significant growth in terms of the volume of terminals in operation during 2011−2012. Competitors such as Square, iZettle, mPowa, SumUp, VeriFone, Intuit and PayPal are aiding the growth of MPOS technology by making it accessible to smaller enterprises. Over the forecast period, the volume of terminals is expected to increase, driven by growth in the retail sector, increased online trade, a rise in smartphone usage and card penetration.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of mobile point of sale technology along with key drivers and challenges
- It provides current and future market size forecasts for MPOS adoption and its share of total POS systems globally
- Highlights regions with relatively high adoption levels and potential hotspots for investment in this technology
- Details key business strategies adopted by MPOS solution providers to expand their operations
- Illustrates implications of its adoption through the help of detailed case studies
- Provides best practices for MPOS solution providers and merchants for smooth adoption of MPOS terminals
- Gives insight into key players in the industry and their marketing strategies
Reasons To Buy
- Make business decisions using current market size data and forecasts related to MPOS adoption in various industries and different regions around the globe
- Understand the key drivers of MPOS technology and the challenges and limitations faced by it
- Assessment of the benefits that result from its adoption in various business sectors
- Gain insight into key business strategies being adopted by competitors
- Technology has revolutionized the way business is conducted and payment mechanisms have undergone a series of developments. Time is a critical factor for consumers and merchants, it is therefore essential that efficient payment solutions are developed. It is due to this that MPOS devices have been developed.
- MPOS solutions have high adoption levels in more developed economies such as the UK, France and Germany with firms such as VeriFone, Square, Intuit, iZettle, PayPal and Motorola leading the charge. Countries in the Asia-Pacific region such as India, China, Malaysia, Singapore, and Hong Kong are now emerging as new destinations for investment in this technology.
- Technological innovations have allowed turning smartphones and tablets, running on platforms such as Apples iOS, Blackberry and Android to be used as MPOS systems. Many MPOS solution providers provide dongles capable of reading card information which can be attached to a smartphone through the headphone jack, a USB port or a proprietary connector.
- The market size of MPOS technology is growing at a fast pace. The key growth drivers are expected to comprise MPOS-enabled smartphones, investment in MPOS technology in the emerging economies of Asian and Africa, the large-scale adoption of MPOS technology by small enterprises and the clearance of regulatory hurdles.
- The retail sector is considered the main area of adoption for MPOS services due to the volume of transactions. Even though the sectors growth rate has been volatile due to the economic crises, the size of the sector has continued to expand.