Point of care (POC) diagnostics comprises of diagnostic tests that are performed at the patient site. POC diagnostics provides fast results which in turn help in faster patient management. The present POC diagnostics market already sports a number of products with several new products in the development stage. The worldwide diagnostics market is experiencing an urgent need for inexpensive POC tests for the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Such tests are of significant help where the available laboratory capacity is limited. Development and introduction of new POC diagnostic methods demand effort and coordination among researchers, healthcare practitioners, and product manufacturers. POC tests bypass the need for high-end diagnostic systems for the diagnosis of infections and other healthcare needs such as blood glucose measurement. Diagnostics play a vital role in taking treatment decisions and consume a significant portion of the overall healthcare costs. Thus, in resource-limited areas, POC diagnostics may help in taking efficient treatment decisions with minimum costs.
The overall POC diagnostics market can be classified on the basis of prime technologies used in its applications such as biosensors, electrodes, continuous testing, rapid HIV tests, drug testing, and patent analysis. The major product segments of this market are blood glucose monitoring systems, pregnancy and fertility diagnosis systems, blood chemistry and electrolyte systems, drug and alcohol analysis systems, cholesterol measurement systems, homeostasis measurement systems, tumor markers, urine chemistry systems, and some others. North America is the leading geographical market for POC diagnostics and is followed by Europe. Improvement in the healthcare infrastructure and increase in healthcare expenditure of emerging countries of Asia-Pacific will also contribute to the demand for POC diagnostic products.
Some of the major players in this industry are Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Nipro Diagnostics, Johnson & Johnson, and Siemens Medical Solutions.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments