Subject of research:
MARKET OF FURNITURE
Goal of research:
EVALUATION OF MARKET CONDITIONS AND FORECAST OF ITS DEVELOPMENT FOR 2013-2015
Regions of research:
RUSSIA AND REGIONS OF RF
Basic units of research:
- VOLUME OF RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- WORLD MARKET OF FURNITURE
- ANALYSIS OF RETAIL SALES OF MARKET OF HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE
- TRENDS ON RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- FACTORS AFFECTING RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- STATE REGULATION ON RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- THE LARGEST PLAYERS ON RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS ON RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- RUSSIAN PRODUCTION OF FURNITURE
- THE LARGEST RUSSIAN PRODUCERS OF FURNITURE
- ANALYSIS OF RUSSIAN EXPORT OF FURNITURE
- ANALYSIS OF RUSSIAN IMPORT OF FURNITURE
- FORECAST OF MARKET OF FURNITURE DEVELOPMENT FOR 2013-2015
The largest Russian enterprises profiled:
- FURNITURE FACTORY “SHATURA”, OJSC
- “SWEDWOOD TIKHVIN”, LLC
- BOROVICHI-MEBEL, CJSC
- FURNITURE FACTORY MARIA, LLC
- MÖBEL&ZEIT, LLC
The largest enterprises are presented by production volume, financial activity, sheet balances, profit and loss statements, cash-flow statements, subsidiaries and other information.
Information sources used:
- Federal State Statistics Service
- Ministry of Economic Development of RF
- Federal Custom Service
- Federal Tax Service
- Evaluation of Experts of the Branch
- Retail sales statements
- Data of the main players of the branch
- Printed and electronic publications of the branch
The research contains 103 Schedules, 69 Diagrams, 119 Tables.
EXTRACTS FROM THE RESEARCH
VOLUME OF RUSSIAN MARKET OF FURNITURE
- The world economic crisis significantly affected the market of furniture. In 2009 volume of market reduced by **% and amounted to *** bln. dollars against *** bln. dollars in 2008.
- In 2010 – 2011 Russian economy returned to the pre-crisis rates, however in 2012 economy growth rates slowed down, and currently rates are moving by inertia. Almost the same dynamics is observed on the market of furniture.
- In 2010 due to production growth, import of furniture and reduction of export deliveries abroad, Russian market started to recover. Already in 2011 the rate exceeded the pre-crisis level by **% and amounted to *** bln. dollars. In 2012 increase rate of market of furniture slowed down to **% and Russian market of furniture evaluated to the sum of *** bln. dollars.
- In 2012 import share on Russian market amounted to **%. The greatest share of furniture is presented by furniture of domestic production, however Russia’s accession to the WTO in 2012 may change the situation.
RUSSIAN PRODUCTION OF FURNITURE
- In 2009 due to common crisis events in economy Russian production of furniture in cost terms reduced by **% or ** mln. rubles having amounted to *** mln. rubles. Already in 2012 manufacture of products of the segment started to increase. In 2010 the rate grew by **%, in 2011 – by **%, at that the pre-crisis rate was exceeded by **%. In 2012 volume of Russian production of furniture in cost terms amounted to *** mln. rubles, that was by **% more than the rate of 2011.
- **% was amounted to Central FD in the structure of Russian production of furniture in cost terms in 2012. Share of Volga FD constituted one fourth of the total output (**%). One tenth was produced by the enterprises of North-Western FD. Shares of Southern and Siberian FDs amounted to **% and **%.
ANALYSIS OF RUSSIAN IMPORT OF FURNITURE
- In 2009 Russian import of furniture reduced by **%. This reduction occurred against the world economic crisis. Already in 2010 volume of deliveries of products of the segment to Russian market began to recover, while in 2011 the rate by **% exceeded the rate of import of 2008.
- In 2012 *** ths. tons of foreign furniture were delivered on Russian market.
- In 2012 in the structure of Russian import of furniture in cost terms the greatest share was constituted by wooden furniture - **%. Share of metal carcass furniture amounted to **%, while share of plastic furniture is **%.
- Other furniture, that is furniture for air, railway transport facilities, cars, parts of furniture of wood, plastics, furniture for trading enterprises, institutions of culture, public organizations, constituted the share equal to **% in the structure of Russian import of furniture.