- This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Mexico.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides the latest asset allocations of Mexican HNWIs across 13 asset classes. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of Mexican HNWIs to 2017 and a comprehensive and robust background of the local economy.
- Independent market sizing of Mexican HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2007 to 2012
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- There were approximately 145,000 HNWIs in Mexico at the end of 2012. These HNWIs held US$736 billion in wealth which equates to 43% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- The strong growth in HNWI wealth is expected to continue over the forecast period. HNWI wealth will grow by 54% to reach US$1.1 trillion by 2017.
- As of 2012, HNWI liquid assets amounted to US$98 billion, representing 13% of the wealth holdings of Mexican HNWIs.
- WealthInsights research showed that, at the end of 2012, 44% of Mexican HNWIs had second homes abroad.
- At the end of 2012, Mexican HNWIs held 21.9% (US$161 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, compared to 23.2% (US$124 billion) in 2007.