Immunoglobulin’s also called as antibodies are large Y-shaped protein produced by B-cell. These are the glycoprotein molecule produced by plasma cells in response to entry of foreign entity such as bacteria and viruses in the body. Production of antibodies is an important function of immune system. Antibodies use binding mechanism for neutralizing the activity of a foreign particle called as an antigen. These are made up of basic structural unit’s namely heavy chains and light chains.
In mammals five different types of antibodies (IgA, IgD, IgE, IgG and IgM) are present which perform different role in response to the type of foreign antibody encountered. Occurrences of situations where people are born with low or no level of immunoglobulin, or with an immune system that does not function properly are very common. In such condition fighting with germs and other infections become extremely difficult. Therefore, immunoglobulin therapy plays an important role for compensating the insufficient quantity of immunoglobulin in the body.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has identified more than 100 immunodeficiencies, ranging from extremely rare deficiency to common deficiency of IgA. IgA accounts for 75% of the total immunoglobulin produced in the body. IgA is produced in mucosal lining and between three to five grams are secreted in to the intestinal lining each day. Therefore, immunoglobulins are commercially produced for treating immunodeficient patients. There are many commercially available immunoglobulin’s namely Privigen, Gammagard S/D, Gamunex-C, Gammaplex, Octagam 5% and others.
Immunoglobulin products market is expected to grow due to rise in aging population as production of antibody decreases that leads to weaker immune system. Thus, the continuous rise in aging population would lead to rise in number of immunodeficient patients. Hence, the immunoglobulin market is expected to grow at a steady growth and would not be affected due to weak product pipeline with few innovations.
Despite the challenges, immunoglobulin products market is witnessing significant mergers and acquisitions for the development of new and innovative products. In addition, market is also expected to grow with increase in number of patients and increasing awareness about the diseases. Some of the market players in this industry are Baxter International Inc., CSL Behring LLC, Grifols S.A., Octapharma AG and others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments