This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Japanese Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Haircare categories.
- Hair Colorants is the largest category, Japanese consumers traditionally prefer black hair.
- Individualism and Health are the key trends in the Japanese Haircare market.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets are the leading retailers of Haircare products in Japan. This can be attributed to high retail penetration in the predominantly urban country.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging type used by major selling categories, especially for hair colorants, conditioners, and shampoos.
- The high proportion of an aging and mid-life population in Japan is driving growth in anti-aging Haircare products.
The Haircare market in Japan is a well penetrated market, with Hair Colorants being the largest category. The high proportion of older consumers and mid-lifers in Japan is driving the consumption of Hair Colorants and anti-aging Haircare products. Individualism and Health are the key trends in the Japanese Haircare market, as consumers increasingly prefer Haircare products that reflect their personal style. E-retail is one of the fastest growing distribution channels in Japan, driven by the high level of internet penetration.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market, and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.