- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in the UAE.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country’s HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
There were 48,300 HNWIs and 625 UHNWIs in the UAE in 2012. This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and Ultra HNWIs in the UAE and highlights top-performing cities. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management market.
- Independent market sizing of UAE HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2008 to 2012
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Geographical breakdown of all foreign assets
- Alternative breakdown of liquid vs. investable assets
- Number of UHNWIs in major cities
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in the UAE
- Size of the UAE wealth management industry
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
- There were approximately 48,300 HNWIs in the UAE at the end of 2012. These HNWIs held US$182 billion in wealth which equated to 41% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- UAE HNWIs slightly underperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period - local HNWI numbers declined by 8% whilst worldwide HNWI volumes declined by 0.3%.
- Local wealth was negatively influenced by significant decreases in local equity and local property indices.
- In 2012, UAE HNWI numbers rose by 13.9%, following a fall of 1.4% in 2011.
- There are 625 UHNWIs in the UAE. They have an average wealth of US$90 million per person, making them the prime target group for wealth sector professionals. Of this total, there were four billionaires, 84 centimillionaires and 537 affluent millionaires, as of the end of 2012.