- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in the UAE.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2007 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2012. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report provides projections of the volume and wealth of UAE HNWIs. This includes demographic trends (2008-2012) and findings of the proprietary Wealth Insight HNWI Database.
- Independent market sizing of the UAE HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2008-2012)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
- There were approximately 48,300 HNWIs in the UAE at the end of 2012. These HNWIs held US$182 billion in wealth which equated to 41% of total individual wealth held in the country.
- Local HNWIs slightly underperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period. Local HNWI numbers declined by 8% whilst worldwide HNWI volumes declined by 0.3%.
- Local wealth was negatively influenced by significant decreases in local equity and local property indices.
- In 2012, UAE HNWI numbers rose by 13.9%, following a fall of 1.4% in 2011.
- HNWI wealth and volume growth is expected to improve substantially over the forecast period. The total number of local HNWIs is forecast to grow by 43%, to reach over 69,000 in 2017. HNWI wealth will see an even larger percentage increase, growing by 48% to reach US$269 billion in 2017.