New Cars Global Industry Guide 2013-2022
Global New Cars industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global new cars market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The new cars market consists of the initial retail sale/registration of new passenger cars. Passenger cars include saloons, hatchbacks, SUVs, 4x4s and other related vehicles. The market value is calculated at retail selling price (RSP) and the market volume is given in terms of units sold. Market shares consist of motor manufacturing groups as opposed to their individual brands, i.e. for the Volkswagen Group this includes all of its brands such as Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat etc. Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated at constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The global new cars market had total revenues of $1,546.8bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 2.7% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 67,153.2 thousand units in 2017.
- Surging demand for new cars in India and China, combined with the solid performance of the European market, has driven growth in the global new cars market in recent years.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global new cars market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global new cars market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key new cars market players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global new cars market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global new cars market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global new cars market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global new cars market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global new cars market?