Transportation Services Global Industry Almanac 2 2013-2022
Global Transportation Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry group size (value 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry group.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global transportation services industry group. Includes industry group size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry group growth trends and leading companies.
- The transportation services industry consists of the air, marine, rail, and road freight sectors.
- The air freight sector is valued as the revenues generated by airlines from the transportation of cargo and mail by air, either on dedicated freighter aircraft or as belly cargo on passenger aircraft. Scheduled and charter services are both included.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container and dry bulk cargo, by sea and ocean going vessels.
- The rail freight sector is valued as the revenues generated from freight transportation by rail.
- The road freight sector is valued as revenues generated from freight transportation by road.
- For all sectors, domestic and international carriage is included. To avoid double-counting in regional and global markets, international freight revenues are assigned to the country of origin.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2017 annual average exchange rates.
- The global transportation services industry group had total revenues of $2,040.6bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3% between 2013 and 2017.
- The road segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2017, with total revenues of $1,562.3bn, equivalent to 76.6% of the industry group's overall value.
- The primary driver for the slow growth in 2015 and 2016 was a lack of global growth as consumer demand grew slowly. This combined with historically low freight rates, due to high levels of oversupply in the freight industry forced the industry value to grow very slowly.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global transportation services industry group
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global transportation services industry group
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key transportation services industry group players global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global transportation services industry group with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global transportation services industry group by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global transportation services industry group in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global transportation services industry group?
- How has the industry group performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global transportation services industry group?