“IT Business Confidence Report Q1 2014” is a new report by Kable that analyzes IT industry executives' views on the global economy, expectations of customer confidence, supplier prices, key business concerns, and how executives' future investments are set to change in Q1 2014. This report also gives you access to regional analysis of industry outlook, industry and company growth prospects, future opportunities, staff hiring, and sales performance. Apart from providing access to the opinions and strategies of global IT industry executives, it also examines their actions surrounding business priorities, threats and opportunities, and future investment areas over the next six months. Moreover, this report provides a comparative analysis of survey results with Q4 2013 wherever applicable.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Kable's exclusive panel of leading global IT industry executives. The report analyzes current economic conditions prevailing across the globe and their impact on the IT industry, and forecasts company and industry growth prospects over the next six months. Furthermore, it provides information about the impact of customer confidence, supplier prices, and staff headcount likely to affect the investment decisions of the industry over the next six months. Additionally, this report tracks the change in executives' perceptions during the last three months, by providing a comparative analysis of survey results with the previous quarter.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Overall, 78% and 69% of global IT industry executives are optimistic about the future growth prospects of their company and the industry, respectively, over the next six months. Optimism towards company growth prospects has improved by nine percentage points in Q1 2014, compared to Q4 2013 results.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Increased customer confidence will positively impact IT business as the prices of ICT products and services are stabilizing and service providers are becoming more competitive.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
“IT Business Confidence Report Q1 2014” is a new report by Kable that analyzes the industry sentiments globally on the latest economic and customer issues and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the IT industry. This report also examines executives' opinion about the current and future state of the economy and its retrospective effect on the industry. Furthermore, it analyzes the likely effect of ICT products and services price changes, sales performance, and staff headcount within the industry over the next six months. In addition, it provides an overview of the key priorities, threats, and opportunities for the global IT industry over the next six months. Furthermore, it also tracks the change in industry executives' thought process, by providing a comparative analysis of survey results with Q4 2013, wherever applicable.
Key Features and Benefits
- Project industry trends and industry growth expectations in the next six months, and understand business confidence to make informed business decisions.
- The report drives revenues by understanding future product investment areas and key growth regions.
- Readers will be provided with a clear uncovering of key challenges and opportunities, and identify the key priorities likely to affect industry growth prospects.
- The report clearly forecasts the change in supplier prices for various products, which are likely to influence the industry's growth prospects over the next six months.
- Identifies the major changes in customer confidence levels in the IT industry over the next six months.
Key Market Issues
- According to IT industry respondents, the present economic conditions in Africa are deemed to be unfavourable. In the Q4 2013 survey, similar opinions were recorded.
- Cybercrime, the state of the global economy, and the performance of the Eurozone are key concerns among global IT industry executives.
- Global IT industry executives forecast that the price of software apps will increase by 1.1% on average over the next six months.
- In total, 62% of global IT industry executives anticipate either a 'very positive' or 'positive' change in customer confidence over the industry, in the next six months.
- Industry executives exhibit high levels of optimism towards company growth prospects compared to industry growth prospects, in the next six months
- Of respondents, 61% anticipate a positive change in the global economic outlook over the next six months. In comparison to the previous quarter, the percentage of respondents who expect a positive change has increased by two percentage points.
- IT industry executives plan to increase investments in the areas of new product development and social media strategy in the next six months.
- Executives operating in North America and Asia-Pacific anticipate the highest average sales increase of 6.0% and 7.1%, respectively, over the next six months.
- Industry executives operating in Europe anticipate an average increase of 1.6% in their current workforce.
- Executives operating across the globe consider 'increasing sales', 'customer retention', and 'improving operational efficiency' as key priorities over the next six months.