GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint report, PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lillys anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZs SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
About the Report
- The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global RA market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global RA market, and provides insight on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the existing market leaders. In addition, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global RA market.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the patent expiry of Enbrel and Humira affect the competitive landscape?
- When will biosimilars emerge and how will they affect the market?
- What effect have changing regulations had on companies investing in the sector?
- Who is the frontrunner in the drug pipeline for RA and what are its strengths and weaknesses?
- Will pipeline drugs be able to compete with the TNF inhibitors?
- Where are companies investing R&D in 2012?
- The global RA therapeutics market is forecast to reach $21 billion by 2022 due to the launch of novel pipeline drugs and biosimilars.
- The RA pipeline is strong, with 46 molecules in Phase II-III, including 4 first-in-class molecules, 2 me-too products, 7 biosimilar molecules.
- By 2022, RA will be a crowded marketplace comprising a highly diversified field of therapies with individual drugs struggling to distinguish themselves
- Pfizer/Amgen and Abbott are leading companies in the current competitive landscape. However, neither Amgen nor Abbott has any phase III candidates for RA therapy, indicating that a new competitive landscape is likely to emerge.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RA therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global RA therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global RA therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global RA therapeutics market, including up-to-date information on the recent approval of Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib).
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across Phase II-III, emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development, including: Oral kinase inhibitors Janus Kinase (JAK), Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (SYK) inhibitors, c-Kit (tyrosine kinase inhibitor), anti-BAFF (B cell activating factor), therapeutic vaccine, IL-6 and IL-17 inhibitors.
- Annualized RA therapeutics market forecast, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2011-2022.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, pipeline assessment, market outlook, current and future players, disease management, unmet needs for the RA therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies and perform superior market quantification analysis by
- Understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics market.
- Understanding treatment preferences of physicians in disease state and across treatment flow.
- Accessing market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in the global Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics market till 2022.
- Quantifying patient population in the global Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics market to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape by
- Performing benchmarking analysis and growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Identifying market entry points based on safety, efficacy, and pricing parameters.
- Assessing competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strength and weakness of current competition.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies by
- Taking a comprehensive look of at the disease pipeline and identifying most promising paradigm shifting products.
- Assessing strength of pipeline bases on first in class, me-too, biosimilar, generic and lifecycle management of products.
- Analyze the potential impact of novel oral therapies such as Pfizers Xeljanz (tofacitinib) on the RA treatment paradigm.
- Track drug sales in the global Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics market from 2011 to 2022.
- Identify the emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for consolidation, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.