This report provides a concise overview of the Haircare market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution, and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Russian Haircare sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Russia's Haircare market offers moderate growth opportunities; Haircare product sales in Russia are expected to grow at CAGR of 6.2% during 2007-2017. The country's urban and young population are spending more on personal grooming products, including Haircare products, as they desire to look good and remain fashionable.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Older Young Adults with rising incomes will drive the overall market growth. Increasing consumer confidence among the high income category will further drive demand for premium products.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russian Haircare sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Haircare categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Haircare sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Haircare categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Haircare categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the Russian Haircare sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
- There will be moderate growth in mature categories such as Shampoo and Conditioner, while Hair Colorants and Styling Agents will be driven by fashion statements.
- While growth in local currency terms closely matched volume growth, volatile exchange rates have added complexity to the market for international companies.
- Private label penetration in Russia's Haircare market is low. Russia lags behind the majority of European markets in terms of consumer trust and confidence in the quality of private labels.
- Demand for Conditioner has increased as consumers replace 2-in-1 Shampoo plus Conditioners with individual products.
- Haircare products in Russia are popular with women across all age groups, while across genders, Older Consumers are frequent consumers of Haircare products, specifically those that meet their age specific needs.
- Consumers in Russia are looking for Haircare products that can help them reach their personal grooming beauty aims.
- Russians are keen to show their individualism through their Haircare choices, preferring products that are differentiated according to their personal needs and desires.
- Haircare manufacturers in Russia are turning to innovative packaging solutions that showcase product ingredients and functional characteristics.