This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in India. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Indian Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Despite fluctuating exchange rates, the Male Toiletries market in India is growing steadily in both value and volume terms .
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Changing Lifestages is the most important motivator for consumers to buy Men's Disposable Razors andBlades. A product's success in India's Male Toiletries market will largely be determined by its ability to fit in with a consumer's way of life.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Indian Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
- Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector.
- Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Male Toiletries categories.
- Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private labels across Male Toiletries categories.
- An overview of packaging trends in the Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
- With rising disposable income and the increasingly complex grooming routines of Indian men, use of Pre-Shave and Post-Shave Cosmetics products will increase and lead to these two categories taking share from the After Shaves and Colognes category.
- Indian consumers are seeking products that meet specific requirements caused by their life stage, such as young consumers looking for single pack razors and shaving gels/foams, while older consumers look for traditional pre-shave creams from established brands.
- A change in gender behaviors has led Indian men to seek greater grooming comfort while shaving at a low price. Meanwhile, marketers are targeting value for money conscious consumers with cheaper variants of their products.
- A large young population with increasing spending power is driving the sales of Pre-Shave and Post-Shave Cosmetics in India. Although these categories are growing rapidly in local currency terms, exchange rate fluctuations have led to a more variable growth in US dollar terms.
- The Disposable Razors and Blades category accounted for over 98.5% of the total number of packs used in the Indian Male Toiletries sector in 2012, driving significant demand of Rigid Plastic blister packs, Paper and Board Wrappers, and Flexible Packaging Bags/Sachets.
- The increasing use of Pre- and Post-Shave cosmetics will drive demand of Bottle, Aerosol, and Tube pack types; these are forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 4.0% between 2012 and 2017. Moreover, packaging will see increasing use of stylish designs in closures and colors, as these packs seek to stand out in the supermarket aisles.
- India has one of the youngest populations globally and a little over half of the population is less than 30 years old. Of this, 19% are teenagers who will reach their 20's in the next five years, which offers an opportunity for marketers to target this group with new and innovative launches.
- While positioning their brands in the Indian market, marketers should be careful with pricing and select products taking into account the average disposable income of Indian consumers.
- Post-Shave Cosmetics will record the highest CAGR of all male Toiletries categories during 2012-2017, of 16.5% in US dollar terms. Post-Shave Cosmetics are traditionally marketed as a means to avoid irritation, moisturize skin, and help skin elasticity and freshness.