- The report is based on primary surveys conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior business decision makers. The opinions and forward looking statements on sustainability management of 130 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 54% represent directors, C-level executives and departmental heads.
- The geographical scope of the research is global drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East.
- The report analyzes expenditure of construction industry buyers on sustainability, sustainable procurement practices and critical factors that influence supplier selection.
- Key topics covered include category-level spending outlooks, market-specific growth opportunities, investment opportunities and principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainable practices.
- In this report, buyers identify their sustainable procurement budgets; along with essential sustainability measures that influence supplier selection
- The report provides extensive analysis on effective promotional channels and major drivers of green marketing, along with the key features of marketing green credentials.
- The report provides qualitative analysis of key industry opportunities and threats and also contains the full survey results.
Sustainability in the Global Construction Industry 20112012: Market Trends and Opportunities, Forecast of Budgets and Profitability, Construction Industry Procurement and Marketing Initiatives is a new report by ICD Research that analyzes how companies in the construction industry perceive sustainability. The report contains in-depth analysis on the principal drivers and challenges with regards to sustainability plus the market-specific growth opportunities associated with the implementation of sustainable practices. It also benchmarks successful sustainable initiatives and energy-efficiency measures adopted by various companies.
This report also examines the impact of sustainability on profits and cost saving targets set by companies. It also analyzes the procurement strategies and practices being undertaken; category-level spending outlooks; changes in sustainable procurement budgets; supplier selection criteria and investment opportunities available for leading purchase decision makers. The report identifies key drivers and practices of green marketing, and the channels used to effectively market green credentials.
The report features the opinions of construction industry respondents related to the following:
- What sustainability means to the industry!
- Factors that drive sustainability measures
- Barriers that confront effective implementation of sustainability
- Sustainable and energy efficiency measures and their impact on profitability
- Metrics used for the measurement of sustainability performance
- Procurement of sustainable materials
- Demand for sustainable products and services, including markets that will drive growth
- Changes expected in sustainability budgets and cost saving targets
- Methods of marketing green credentials and the use of media channels
- Sustainability leaders
Reasons To Buy
- Drive revenues by understanding future sustainable product investment areas and growth regions
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by identifying buyer sustainability budgets and areas of investment.
- Better promote your business by aligning capabilities and business practices with the changing sustainability needs of customers.
- Uncover the business outlook, key sustainability challenges and opportunities
- Understand the effect of sustainability on other players and competitors in the industry.
- Benchmark sustainable initiatives with key industry leaders and identify major trends that affect the industry.
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of buyers.
- Identify specific green marketing channels your competitors are using to win business.
- Compliance with legislation, managing corporate reputation and cost savings and operational efficiency are major drivers influencing sustainability efforts in the construction industry.
- Survey results show that XX% of construction industry executives expect to see an increase in profitability over the next 12 months due to implementation of sustainability.
- Reduction of energy consumption, effective minimization of waste and capacity to provide recyclable or reusable product components are critical sustainability criteria for supplier selection.