This report is the result of Wealth Insights extensive research covering the HNWI population and Wealth Management industry in China. It provides market size and forecasts of the HNWI population. By leveraging the Wealth Insight HNWI Database, it provides key demographic breakdowns such as city specific data.
China offers tremendous opportunities for the private banking industry as a result of not only the substantial growth in the number of HNWI over the past few years, but especially because of the strong forecasted growth in volumes and wealth to 2015. This report not only provides detailed forecasts on expected HNWI asset allocation of Chinas HNWI and UHNWI to 2015, but gives the reader the crucial insight necessary to effectively act on those projections.
In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of the Chinese economy, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation, the report provides robust projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of Chinas HNWI. The report also couches these findings in an analysis of Chinas Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein. But what really sets the report apart is its analysis and presentation of the demographic trends and findings of the proprietary Wealth Insight HNWI Database.
- Independent market sizing of Chinas HNWI
- Most up to date and thorough analysis of the demographic breakdown of Chinas HNWI
- Volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2015
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in China
- City specific ratings and breakdowns of wealth, wealth growth and industries that HNWI work in for each city
- Current insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- Family office information
- The Wealth Insight HNWI Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading database of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the HNWI Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWI around the world. With the HNWI Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2015.
- Information on sources of wealth for HNWIs in each major city, by industry and other measures.
- There are currently 1.3 million HNWIs in China with a combined wealth of US$4.3 trillion, which equates to 26% of the total wealth held in the country.
- WealthInsight expects HNWI wealth to increase at a CAGR of 14.7% over the forecast period to reach US$7.5 trillion in 2015, while volume will grow at a CAGR of 13.5% to reach over 2.1 million in 2015.
- While Beijing and Shanghai continue to provide opportunities for Wealth Managers and Private Bankers looking to enter Chinas potentially lucrative wealth market, there is latent and significant untapped potential in Chinas Tier II and Tier III cities.
- Hangzhou should be at the top of the list for anyone looking to build a thriving wealth business in China. Wuhan, Chongqing, Chengdu and Fuzhou round out the top five, each presenting unique opportunities and huge market potential for the wealth industry.
- Our research shows that over 50,000 Chinese HNWI are looking to move abroad each year. Indeed, much of the frothiness in Hong Kongs property market is due to demand from Chinese HNWI, who buy luxury homes in Hong Kong in order to gain Hong Kong citizenship.