This report is the result of Wealth Insights extensive research covering the HNWI population and Wealth Management industry in Hong Kong. It provides market size and forecasts of the HNWI population. By leveraging the Wealth Insight HNWI Database, it provides key demographic breakdowns.
Hong Kong offers tremendous opportunities for the private banking industry as a result its relationship with mainland China and its status as a global financial centre. This report not only provides detailed forecasts on expected HNWI asset allocation of Hong Kongs HNWI and UHNWI to 2015, but gives the reader the crucial insight necessary to effectively act on those projections.
In addition to providing a comprehensive and robust background of the Hong Kong economy, including, uniquely, detailed analysis of economic and political risks to HNWI wealth creation, the report provides robust projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocation of Hong Kongs HNWI. The report also couches these findings in an analysis of Hong Kongs Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities therein. But what really sets the report apart is its analysis and presentation of the demographic trends and findings of the proprietary Wealth Insight HNWI Database.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kongs HNWI
- Most up to date and thorough analysis of the demographic breakdown of Hong Kongs HNWI
- Volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2015
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Hong Kong
- Current insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
- Family office information
- The Wealth Insight HNWI Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading database of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the HNWI Database comprises up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWI around the world. With the HNWI Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Comprehensive forecasts to 2015.
- Information on sources of wealth for HNWIs in each major city, by industry and other measures.
- There are just over 184,700 HNWI in Hong Kong with an average wealth of US$4.6 million per person and a combined wealth of US$845 billion.
- After Singapore, Hong Kong has the second highest population density of HNWI in the world - approximately 1 in 40 Hong Kongers are a HNWI.
- Following a 50% fall in 2008, HNWI volumes increased significantly in 2009 (77%) and 2010 (28%). The growth for these two years was the highest of anywhere in the world, as the entry of new HNWI from China and strong local property markets boosted performance. This growth did not continue into 2011, however, as HNWI volumes, constrained by the poor performance of local and international equity markets, grew by only 4% in 2011.
- The number of Hong Kongs HNWI is expected to rise by 39% (8.5% pa) from 2011 to 2015, reaching over 256,000 individuals by 2015, while HNWI wealth will grow by 41% (9.0% pa), reaching US$1.2 trillion in 2015.
- The Retail & Fashion industry is expected to experience the largest increase in volumes over the forecast period 12% pa driven by a significant rise in spending by HNWI mainland Chinese in the Hong Kong retail market. The Finance industry is also expected to perform well, benefiting from Hong Kongs status as an offshore hub for the mainland and leading global financial centre.