This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Haircare sector in Nepal. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Haircare categories.
- The Haircare market in Nepal is a high growth market, forecast to grow at a high CAGR during 2013-2108, led by Shampoo.
- Beauty, Value for Money, and Changing Age Structures are the most influential trends in the Haircare market in Nepal.
- Aspiration to look beautiful and groomed, and the increasing use of grooming products by men are also driving the sales of Haircare products.
- Convenience stores are the top channel for the distribution of Haircare products in Nepal.
- Shampoo is the largest category by value, and is the fastest growing category of the sector, followed by Conditioners.
The use of packaged personal care products is on the rise in Nepal, due to the growing awareness of the benefits of these products amongst consumers, especially in rural areas. The use of Shampoos and Conditioners is increasing, while growth in the Hair Oil category is low. Multi-national companies such as Unilever and Procter and Gamble, and Indian companies such as Dabur and Emami operate in this market, along with many imported products.
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the Haircare sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market, and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.