This report is the result of WealthInsights extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Dominican Republic.
The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2008 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2013. This enables us to determine how well the country's HNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report is a thorough analysis of Dominican Republic's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- Independent market sizing of Dominican Republic HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2009-2013)
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- At the end of 2013, Dominican Republic HNWIs held 31.0% (US$13 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is higher than the global average of 2030%.
- WealthInsight expects foreign asset holdings to increase to US$19 billion by 2018, to account for 29.4% of the total HNWI assets.
- In 2013, South America accounted for 50.6% of Dominican Republic HNWIs foreign assets, followed by North America with 23.9%, Asia-Pacific with 11.9%, Europe with 10.1%, Africa with 2.1% and the Middle East with 1.3%.
- Dominican Republic HNWI allocations to North America decreased during the review period, from 27.8% in 2009 to 23.9% in 2013. Increased investments were made in the emerging economies of South America and Asia-Pacific.
- HNWIs are expected to further decrease their levels of investment in North America to 20.8% of foreign HNWI assets by 2018, with investments increasingly being diverted to South America.