This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Hong Kong.
This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and ultra-HNWIs in Hong Kong. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management market.
- Independent market sizing of Hong Kongs HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Geographical breakdown of all foreign assets
- Alternative breakdown of liquid vs. investable assets
- Number of UHNWIs in major cities
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Hong Kong
- Size of Hong Kongs wealth management industry
- Largest private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to buy
- The Hong Kong Wealth Report 2014 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the report comprises a wide variety of data that is created based on over 115,000 HNWIs from around the world in our database.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- The report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and Ultra HNWIs. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of the HNWIs to 2018 and a comprehensive background of the local economy.
- The report provides a thorough analysis of the Private Banking and Wealth Management sector, latest merger and acquisition activity and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- It also provides detailed information on HNWIs volumes in each major city.
- There were 185,055 HNWIs in Hong Kong in 2013. These HNWIs held US$1.04 trillion in wealth, and wealth per HNWI was US$5.62 million.
- In 2013, Hong Kong HNWI numbers increased by 3.2%, following a 4.6% increase in 2012.
- HNWI wealth and volumes are expected to grow over the forecast period. The number of Hong Kong HNWIs is forecast to grow by 18.3%, reaching 228,903 by 2018, and HNWI wealth is expected to grow by 26.4%, reaching US$1.4 trillion by 2018.
- At the end of 2013, Hong Kong HNWIs held 40.6% (US$423.0 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, which is higher than the worldwide average of 20–30%.