Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the joints. In RA, the bodys immune system attacks the lining of the joints causing an inflammatory response. RA is characterized by joint swelling, pain, and redness, which can cause bone and cartilage erosion, and joint deformity. The disease can lead to premature mortality, disability, and decreased quality of life.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the total prevalent cases of RA in the 8MM, from 12,901,398 total prevalent cases in 2013 to 14,896,291 total prevalent cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.55% over the forecast period. GlobalData epidemiologists also forecast an increase in the diagnosed prevalent cases of RA in the 10MM, from 7,328,399 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 8,518,398 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an AGR of 1.62% over the forecast period.
For this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists used country-specific data from peer-reviewed journals to construct the 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of RA in the 8MM. GlobalData epidemiologists built the forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of RA in the 10MM using a combination of country-specific primary and secondary sources. A major strength of GlobalDatas epidemiological analysis is the use of consistent disease definitions and uniform diagnostic criteria, thereby allowing for a meaningful comparison of the epidemiological characteristics of RA in the 10MM.
- The Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical epidemiological trends for RA in the 10 major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India). It also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of RA, segmented by age (18 to =85 years) and sex in the eight major markets (8MM) (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, and India). Additionally, this report includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of RA in the 10MM.
- The RA epidemiology report is written and developed by Mastersand PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 10MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RA market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global RA market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for RA therapeutics in each of the markets covered.