- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Canada.
- The report focuses on HNWI performance between the end of 2008 (the peak before the global financial crisis) and the end of 2013. This enables us to determine how well the country's UHNWIs have performed through the crisis.
This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of Ultra HNWIs in Canada, and highlights top-performing cities. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management industry.
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2009 to 2013
- UHNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2018
- UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
- Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2009-2013)
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City wise ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the Wealth Management and Private Banking sector in Canada
- Size of Canada wealth management industry
- Largest domestic private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
- Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2018.
- Also provides detailed information on UHNWIs in each major city.
- There were 4,303 UHNWIs in Canada in 2013, with an average per capita wealth of US$121.9 million, making them a prime target group for wealth sector professionals. Of this total, there were 32billionaires, 713centimillionaires and 3,558 affluent millionaires.
- UHNWIs accounted for 1.0% of the total Canadian HNWI population in 2013, slightly higher than the global average of 0.7%. The number of Canadian UHNWIs increased by 40.4%during the review period, going from 3,064 in 2009 to 4,303 in 2013.
- There was a wide range of performance between the different UHNWI wealth bands. While the number of billionaires increased by 6.7%, the number of centimillionaires and affluent millionaires increased by 39.8% and 41.0% respectively.
- WealthInsight expects the number of UHNWIs to increase by 8.9%, to reach 4,781 in 2018. This will include 38billionaires, 797centimillionaires and 3,946 affluent millionaires.