GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Country Evaluation report, PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Avastin (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Avastin and Vectibix are not recommended.
GlobalData calculates branded CRC therapeutics to have generated $259m in sales in China in 2013. GlobalData expects growth of the Chinese CRC market to be driven by increasing incidence of the disease in urban populations, increased numbers of people covered by private health insurance, increased access to branded biologicals, and uptake of pipeline agents. However, growth will be stymied by patent expiration of Avastin, the market-leading drug in the Chinese CRC market. GlobalData anticipates the launch of bevacizumab biosimilars in China from 2019 onwards.
- Overview of CRC including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in China including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in China from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the China CRC market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for CRC
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in China.