GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Erbitux (Colorectal Cancer) Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Erbitux (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Erbitux and Vectibix are not recommended.
In February 2004, Eli Lilly/BMS/Merck KGaAs Erbitux (cetuximab) became the first monoclonal antibody to be approved by the FDA for metastatic CRC. The recombinant chimeric IgG1 monoclonal antibody was the first of a novel class of antibodies that target the EGFR pathway. Overexpression of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR, HER1, c-ErbB-1) is frequent in CRC, where it contributes to activate genes that drive the cell cycle and mitosis. The binding of Erbitux to EGFR inhibits the downstream signaling of the receptor and hence reduces tumor progression and initiates cell cycle arrest.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Erbitux including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Erbitux for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and China.
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Colorectal Cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Erbitux performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Erbitux from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and China)