GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, TS-1 (Colorectal Cancer) Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Erbitux (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Erbitux and Vectibix are not recommended.
Taiho Pharmaceuticals TS-1 is a combination chemotherapy that consists of tegafur (a pro-drug of 5-FU) and two agents, gimeracil and oteracil, which decrease the rate of degradation of the 5-FU anti-metabolite. TS-1 was originally approved for the treatment of gastric cancer in Japan in 1999.The drug subsequently gained Japanese approval for colorectal cancer in 2003, and is also approved for other indications, including NSCLC and breast cancer (Shirasaka, 2008). TS-1 is not approved for the treatment of CRC in the US or 5EU, and no late-stage trials for this indication are currently ongoing in these regions (Taiho Oncology, 2014).
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on TS-1 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for TS-1 for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Colorectal Cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of TS-1 performance
- Obtain sales forecast for TS-1 from 2013-2023 in top country (Japan)