GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Lonsurf (Colorectal Cancer) Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second leading cause of mortality among cancer patients in the world and is the third most diagnosed cancer globally, and thus represents a huge burden on healthcare systems. This report focuses on the current treatment landscape, unmet needs, current pipeline, and commercial opportunities in the colorectal cancer market, with coverage of multiple settings of the disease including neoadjuvant/adjuvant, first-, second-, third-line KRAS wild-type and mutation-positive, and fourth-line metastatic. In terms of targeted treatments, the metastatic CRC treatment landscape is mature, including the branded treatments Avastin (bevacizumab), Erbitux (cetuximab), and Vectibix (panitumumab), treatments that have extended the survival of metastatic patients compared to chemotherapy-only regimens. However, high unmet needs remain for the extension of survival of metastatic patients, and particularly those with KRAS mutation-positive disease, for whom the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors Erbitux and Vectibix are not recommended.
Taiho Pharmaceuticals Lonsurf (TAS-102) is an oral nucleoside antitumor drug which launched in 2014 for the treatment of chemotherapy-refractive metastatic CRC in Japan. In May 2014, Taiho Pharmaceutical announced that the Phase III RECOURSE trial met its primary outcome of OS and that the company is preparing for regulatory submission in the US and Europe. In October 2014, Taiho announced that Lonsurf has received FDA Fast-Track designation and had initiated rolling NDA submission. This positive outcome follows the announcement in March 2014 that Lonsurf had gained regulatory approval for the treatment of recurrent unresectable locally advanced or metastatic CRC in Japan based on Phase II data.
- Overview of Colorectal Cancer, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lonsurf including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lonsurf for the top eight countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Colorectal Cancer
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lonsurf performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Lonsurf from 2013-2023 in top eight countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and China)