The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Finnish non-life insurance segment, including:
- The Finnish non-life insurance segment’s growth prospects by non-life insurance category
- Key trends, drivers and challenges for the non-life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Finnish non-life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the non-life insurance segment in Finland
- Detailed regulatory policies of the Finnish insurance industry
- Analysis of various consumer segments in Finnish non-life insurance
- Key developments in the Finnish non-life insurance segment
- New products launched by Finnish non-life insurers
- Non-life insurance was the second-largest segment in the Finnish insurance industry in 2013, with 17.2% of its gross written premium. However, the segment is underpenetrated, with a penetration rate of just 1.89% in 2013. This indicates positive growth potential, especially in categories such as motor and property insurance.
- Over the forecast period, the growth of the non-life segment is expected to be driven by Finland’s growing automobile and construction sectors. The implementation of Solvency II will increase the financial stability with enhanced capital adequacy ratio of non-life insurers operating in Finland.
- The non-life segment’s gross written premium increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% during the review period (2009–2013). The value is projected to register a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period (2013–2018).
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in Finland:
- It provides historical values for Finland’s non-life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in Finland’s non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in Finland.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in Finland and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Finnish non-life insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Finnish non-life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Finnish insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- Non-life insurance was the second largest segment in the Finnish insurance industry in 2013, accounting for 17.2% of its overall gross written premium.
- The segment’s gross written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 4.6% in the aftermath of the world economic and eurozone debt crises.
- The non-life segment is highly concentrated, with the five leading companies accounting for 87.5% of the gross written premium in 2013.
- Motor insurance was the largest category in the non-life segment in 2013, accounting for 41.1% of the segment’s gross written premium.
- The European law on gender-neutral pricing has been in force since December 22, 2012, preventing non-life insurers from imposing different premium rates on the basis of gender.
- Direct marketing was the leading distribution channel in the non-life insurance segment in Finland during the review period and accounted for a share of 42.2% in terms of gross written premium in 2013.