This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the high net worth individual (HNWI) population and wealth management market in Spain.
This report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and ultra-HNWIs in Spain. It also includes an evaluation of the local wealth management market.
- Independent market sizing of Spain's HNWIs across five wealth bands
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation trends from 2009 to 2013
- HNWI volume, wealth and allocation forecasts to 2018
- HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
- Geographical breakdown of all foreign assets
- Alternative breakdown of liquid vs. investable assets
- Number of UHNWIs in major cities
- Number of wealth managers in each city
- City ratings of wealth management saturation and potential
- Details of the development, challenges and opportunities of the wealth management and private banking sector in Spain
- The size of Spain's wealth management industry
- The largest private banks by AuM
- Detailed wealth management and family office information
- Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to buy
- The Spain Wealth Report 2014 is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the report comprises a wide variety of data that is created based on over 125,000 HNWIs from around the world in our database.
- With the wealth reports as the foundation for its research and analysis, WealthInsight is able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions it covers.
- The report reviews the performance and asset allocations of HNWIs and ultra-HNWIs. The report also includes projections of the volume, wealth and asset allocations of the HNWIs to 2018 and a comprehensive background of the local economy.
- The report provides a thorough analysis of the private banking and wealth management sector, latest merger and acquisition activity and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
- It also provides detailed information on HNWIs volumes in each major city.
- There were approximately 228,736 HNWIs in Spain in 2014, which held US$968.8 billion in wealth.
- Spanish HNWI numbers rose by 1.7% in 2014, following an increase of 3.0% in 2013.
- Growth rates in HNWI wealth and volumes are expected to improve over the forecast period. The total number of Spanish HNWIs is forecast to grow by 19.4%, to reach 279,884 in 2019. HNWI wealth will see a significant percentage increase, growing by 31.4% to reach US$1.3 trillion by 2019.
- At the end of 2014, Spanish HNWIs held 39.5% (US$382.2 billion) of their wealth outside their home country, significantly higher than the worldwide average of 20–30%.