The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Danish life insurance segment, including:
- The Danish life insurance segment’s growth prospects by life insurance category
- Key trends, drivers and challenges for the life insurance segment
- The various distribution channels in the Danish life insurance segment
- The detailed competitive landscape in the life insurance segment in Denmark
- Detailed regulatory policies of the Danish insurance industry
- Analysis of various consumer segments in Danish life insurance
- Key developments in the Danish life insurance segment
- New products launched by Danish life insurers
The Danish life segment grew in terms of gross written premium, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% during the review period (2009–2013). The segment’s growth was achieved due to strong performance of group superannuation insurance, which accounted for 87.7% of the segment in 2013, mainly due to the country’s rapidly aging population. The category is expected to lead the life segment over the forecast period with 89.1% of the segment’s gross written premium in 2018. The segment is expected to reach a projected value of DKK156.5 billion (US$28.9 billion) in 2018.
Life insurance policies in Denmark are predominantly distributed through direct marketing, bancassurance and agencies. Direct marketing accounted for 38.6% of the life segment’s overall new business gross written premium in 2013, whereas bancassurance accounted for 30.2% and agencies accounted for 13.9%.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Denmark:
- It provides historical values for the Danish life insurance segment for the report’s 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Danish life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Denmark.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Denmark and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Danish life insurance segment and each category within it.
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the Danish life insurance segment.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment.
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Danish insurance industry and their impact on companies and the industry's future.
- The Danish life segment grew in terms of gross written premium, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the review period.
- The segment’s growth was achieved due to strong performance of group superannuation insurance mainly due to the country’s rapidly aging population.
- Life insurance companies generally market life insurance policies as a savings instrument which led life and group superannuation insurers to launch more transparent, rather than traditional products.
- Decreasing inflation rate is expected to increase consumers’ financial capacity, encouraging them to invest further in savings products, including insurance.
- An increase in internet users led Danish life insurers to develop mobile apps.
- Direct marketing was the most preferred distribution channel for life insurance companies.