Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints. It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
The key drivers of this growth include an increase in the RA patient population, higher drug prices in Germany as compared with the other four major EU countries, and ample opportunities within the biosimilars market. However, the Italian government is implementing austerity measures to keep healthcare costs low, and is expected to promote the use of less expensive treatment alternatives. However, the growth of the RA market in Spain will be hindered by the implementation of austerity measures, which aim to cut healthcare costs and will thus limit the prescribing of biologic agents. The key drivers of this growth include the increasing RA patient population and the universal healthcare system, which allows all RA patients access to healthcare, while austerity measures aimed at cutting healthcare costs will serve as a barrier to market growth.
- Overview of Rheumatoid arthritis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the 5EU from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the 5EU Rheumatoid arthritis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the 5EU.