Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints. It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
The drivers of growth in this market include the increasing RA patient population and the universal healthcare system, as well as the use of technology to connect patients with physicians and speed the process of diagnosis and treatment. Barriers to the growth of the market include government measures to cut healthcare spending, similar to the austerity measures implemented in the 5EU. In the RA market in Australia, there are a number of different treatment options available, similar to the 7MM.
- Overview of Rheumatoid arthritis including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in the Australia including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in the Australia from 2013-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Australia Rheumatoid arthritis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the Australia.