Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints. It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
UCBs Cimzia is a pegylated Fab fragment of a humanized anti-TNF IgG molecule, and is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderate to severe RA. It is self-administered once every two or four weeks by SC injection. Cimzia dampens the inflammatory process, reducing the rate of progressive joint damage, thus improving physical function. Cimzia is a small antibody, with a mass of about 40kDa (kilodaltons); therefore, it lacks the ability to cross-link, and it also lacks an Fc region. Clinical evidence suggests that Cimzia has an efficacy and safety profile similar to other TNF inhibitors, which may be attributable to its ability to penetrate inflamed joints more efficiently due to its small size. Cimzia is also indicated for Crohns disease, psoriatic arthritis, axial spondyloarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Cimzia including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Cimzia for the top nine countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Australia and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Cimzia performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Cimzia from 2013-2023 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan, Australia and China).