Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Iguratimod (T-614) was approved in Japan in June 2012, and was subsequently launched the following September for the treatment of adults with active RA as an add-on to MTX in patients who are not adequately controlled by monotherapy (Eisai, press release, September 11, 2012). It was also approved in China in 2012.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Iguratimod/T-614 including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Iguratimod/T-614 for the top 2 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for Japan and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Iguratimod/T-614 performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Iguratimod/T-614 from 2013-2023 in top 2 countries (Japan and China).