Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Regeneron and Sanofis sarilumab is the first fully-human mAb against IL-6, and is in Phase III of development for RA. Sarilumab is directed against IL-6R and reduces inflammation, thus preventing the joint damage that is common in RA. Although Actemra is an anti-IL6 mAb currently approved for RA, this biologic agent is a recombinant human mAb and does not offer the same safety advantages of a fully-human mAb.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Sarilumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Sarilumab for the top 8 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Sarilumab performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Sarilumab from 2013-2023 in top 8 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan and Australia).