Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Clazakizumab is a humanized mAb directed against IL-6 that is in Phase IIb of development by Alder Biopharmaceuticals for the treatment of moderate to severe RA. It is expected to be used as an SC injection, in combination with MTX, but is also under investigation for use as a monotherapy. Clazakizumab blocks IL-6 and therefore reduces inflammation, as well as swelling, pain, and joint destruction, associated with RA.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Clazakizumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Clazakizumab for the top seven countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Clazakizumab performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Clazakizumab from 2013-2023 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan).