Denosumab (Prolia) (Rheumatoid Arthritis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Denosumab is a fully-human, immunoglobulin G1 (IgG2) mAb against RANKL that is in Phase III of development for RA patients with active, erosive bone disease. The Phase III clinical program is currently supported by Daiichi Sankyo for use in the Japanese population. Denosumab was once under investigation for RA by Amgen, which owns the rights to the molecule in the US and 5EU. However, a Phase II trial was completed in 2007, with no further development, and Amgen does not list denosumab for RA in its March 2014 pipeline on the companys webpage.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Denosumab including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Denosumab for the top country from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for Japan.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Denosumab performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Denosumab from 2013-2023 in top country (Japan).