Filgotinib (Rheumatoid Arthritis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes inflammation and deformity of the joints . It affects over seven million individuals in the 10MM covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India) and the prevalence is expected to grow to just over 8.5 million individuals by 2023. The anti-TNFs have been effective in treating the signs and symptoms of RA and inhibiting progression to erosive bone disease. However, the landscape is quickly changing with the introduction of biosimilars, novel biologics, and a class of oral therapies known as JAK inhibitors, all of which will change the market dynamics between 2013 and 2023. With the anti-TNFs as extremely effective therapies for RA, the market is extremely competitive for new entrants and will undergo further pressure as biosimilars are approved and launch.
Filgotinib is a selective JAK1 inhibitor that is currently in Phase IIb of development by Galapagos. It is expected to be used to treat adults with moderate to severe RA who have active disease. In clinical trials, the use of filgotinib is under investigation both as a monotherapy and in combination with MTX. Like other JAK inhibitors, it will be available as an oral tablet, most likely in 50mg, 100mg, or 200mg strengths, and taken once daily. Alternatively, clinical trials have used twice-daily administration.
- Overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Filgotinib including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Filgotinib for the top 7 countries from 2013 to 2023.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Australia.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Filgotinib performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for Filgotinib from 2013-2023 in top 7 countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Australia).