GBI Researchs report, Orphan Autoimmune Disorders to 2017 - Strong Performance by Nplate and Promacta and Future Launches of Immunoglobulin Therapies will Drive the ITP Market provides in-depth analysis of the drivers and barriers that affect the global orphan autoimmune disorders. The report analyzes the markets for orphan autoimmune disorders therapeutics in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, sales, price and volume are forecast until 2017 for the leading therapeutic segments. The report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the orphan autoimmune disorders market will show steady growth during the period 2010-2017. This growth will primarily be driven by the growth of the Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) market, which has shown tremendous growth in terms of revenue between 2008 and 2010. Moreover, other key markets, such as myasthenia gravis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), will continue to grow steadily in the presence of very few molecules in the late stage of the product pipeline. The global orphan autoimmune disorders market is a niche market characterized by stiff competition from generics and off-label drugs and very few licensing agreements, co-development and M&A deals.
- Annualized market data for the orphan autoimmune disorders therapeutics market from 2002 to 2010, and forecast to 2017.
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments. These include ITP, myasthenia gravis and ALS.
- Analysis of the orphan autoimmune disorders therapeutic markets in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, top five countries of Europe and Japan.
- Market characterization of the orphan autoimmune disorders (ITP, myasthenia gravis and ALS) market including market size, revenue analysis by top seven geographies, generic share, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage patterns.
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market.
- Coverage of the pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development.
- Competitive benchmarking of the leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are Amgen Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, CSL Behring LLC., Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation and Biogen Idec.
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that have taken place between 2004 and 2011 in the global orphan autoimmune disorders therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
- Align your product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with more efficiency and better safety.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of the leading companies.