“Cigarettes in Italy” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Italy Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The Italian cigarette market is one of the largest in Western Europe although recently sales have been in decline. Volumes dropped by 6% in 2013 to stand almost 20% behind 1990 levels.
- Continuing economic problems for the Italian economy as well as further price rises depressed duty paid sales by a further 6% in 2013. Forecasts for 2014 are slightly better with falling e-vapour use set to boost sales by 0.5%.
- The market is overwhelmingly dominated by filter cigarettes, which now account for a stable 99.7% of the market, although there is still a small niche of demand for plain cigarettes. Chesterfield non-filter was delisted in January 2005, further reducing the number of plain brands left.
“Cigarettes in Italy” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Italy.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Italy. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Italy.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Italy along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Italy, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future