The global prosthetic heart valves (PHV) market is a dynamic, billion-dollar market that is expected to grow through 2020. Recent advancements in the field of interventional cardiology have greatly improved clinical outcomes for patients. Prosthetic heart valves, including mechanical valves, tissue valves, and transcatheter valves, can be used to treat patients with valvular heart disease affecting the aortic or mitral valves. They can be delivered either via open-heart surgery or transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVR).
The rising prevalence of disease and associated risk factors, an aging population, and improved clinical outcomes with minimally invasive techniques are expected to drive the growth of the global prosthetic heart valve market. Emerging technologies such as repositionable and retrievable transcatheter aortic valves will optimize clinical outcomes for patients. With improvements in the design of transcatheter valves, they have the potential to become the standard of treatment for valvular heart disease in the future.
This report focuses on the global prosthetic heart valves market in the 10 major markets (10MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, China, India, and Brazil) for treating valvular heart disease. This report provides insight into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players, and market analysis of each segment. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians perceptions and decision-making processes in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of prosthetic heart valves.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future prosthetic heart valves market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that valve manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with PHVs currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as repositionable and retrievable valves fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of valve over another? What is physician perception and market outlook of PHV?
- What are the challenges and complications of TAVR that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of heart valves, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global PHV market?
- Overview of valvular heart disease, including anatomy, epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total PHV market revenue by type of valve, direct and indirect costs of disease, procedure trends, and market outlooks by country through 2020.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, emerging trends and valve designs in development, including investigation of delivery and deployment methods, materials and coatings used, and sizes available
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global prosthetic heart valve market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- What Physicians Think quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading Interventional Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.