Top 50 Small-Cap North American Independent Exploration and Production (E&P) Companies Financial and Operational Fundamental Analysis and Benchmarking 2010" is a energy benchmarking report from GlobalData, that offers comprehensive information on the operational and financial performance of top 50 small-cap North American independent exploration and production (E&P) companies. The report benchmarks and analyzes top 50 small-cap North America independent exploration and productioncompanies on various operational and financial parameters. The report is an essential source for key operational data, analysis and strategic insights into companies. It provides detailed information on the key operational and financial parameters for the last five years. It also highlights the top ranked company on various operational and financial parameters such as proved oil and gas reserves, production, capital expenditures, F&D costs, acreage, performance metrics, results of oil and gas operations and valuation metrics.
Proved oil and gas reserves of the top 50 small-cap North America independent exploration and production companies decreased in 2009, down from 2.51 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) in 2008 to 2.50 billion boe in 2009. Petroleum Development Corporation had the highest oil and gas proved reserves of 119.5 MMboe among the top 50 small-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies. Decreased exploration and drilling activities along with a significant fall in unproved property acquisition costs led to fall in total costs incurred by the top 50 small-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies to $ 5.59 billion in 2009, down by 63.4% from the previous year. Total acquisition spending decreased by 77.9% in 2009, down from $5.8 billion in 2008 to $1.2 billion in 2009, mainly due to the fall in unproved property acquisition costs.
The report provides in-depth analysis and insights into companies capital spending, revenues, oil and gas reserves, production, and performance measures. Its scope includes:
- Detailed and unique insights into the key operational and financial parameters. The report provides a comprehensive overview of production, production change, production growth, reserves, reserve changes, reserve growth, capital expenditures, acreage, performance metrics, valuation metrics and results of oil and gas operations.
- Provides annual information on key operational and financial parameters for the period 2005 to 2009.
- Benchmarks the US (United States) and Canadian independent E&P companies on operational and financial parameters.
- Companies covered include; NAL Oil & Gas Trust, Vermilion Energy Trust, Baytex Energy Trust, Paramount Energy Trust, Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC, GeoResources, Inc., Petrobank Energy and Resources Ltd., Unit Corporation, Rosetta Resources Inc., EV Energy Partners, L.P., Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc., Venoco, Inc., W&T Offshore, Inc., Daylight Resources Trust, Rex Energy Corporation, Goodrich Petroleum Corporation, Brigham Exploration Company, Fairborne Energy Ltd., Legacy Reserves LP, Bonterra Oil & Gas Ltd., Stone Energy Corporation, Petroleum Development Corporation, Galleon Energy Inc., Iteration Energy Ltd., Arena Resources, Inc., Black Hills Exploration and Production, Birchcliff Energy Ltd., Trilogy Energy Corp., RAM Energy Resources, Inc., Delta Petroleum Corporation, PetroQuest Energy, Inc., Celtic Exploration Ltd., Provident Energy Trust, Approach Resources Inc., Contango Oil & Gas Company, Bankers Petroleum Ltd., Constellation Energy Partners LLC, Anderson Energy Ltd., Energy Partners Limited, Cano Petroleum Inc., Warren Resources, Inc., Crew Energy Inc., Compton Petroleum Corporation, Abraxas Petroleum Corporation, BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust, Bucking Horse Energy Inc., Gran Tierra Energy Inc., San Juan Basin Royalty Trust, Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd. and Sterling Resources Ltd..
- Data in this report is based on publicly available data filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other similar agencies worldwide. This has then been analyzed by GlobalDatas in house team of experts.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Rank your performance against other top 50 small-cap North America independent exploration and production (E&P) companies using operational and financial benchmarking metrics
- Identify M&A targets from up-to-date information and in-depth analysis on financial and operational parameters of your competitors.
- Formulate your strategies based on in-depth analysis of your competitors in oil and gas markets.
- Improve decision making on the basis of peer comparison.
- Exploit the strengths and weakness of your closest competitors by comparing and analyzing their financial and operational parameters.